VICTOR PATANE PRESENTS…
THE GALT OCEAN MILE BEACH FRONT LUXURY CONDOS
The Galt Ocean Mile is one of the most famous high-rise condominiums strip in Fort Lauderdale Beach and is home to many luxurious beachfront condominiums. The “MILE” is one mile long. It was developed by Mr. Galt who owned the beach property and it has 19 buildings and approximately 2300 condos ranging from Studios to 5 bedroom penthouses. Most of the buildings were built between 1955 and 1975 except for L’Hermitage built in 1998 and L’Ambiance built in 2003. All the buildings on the Galt Ocean Mile have numerous amenities such as tennis, fitness centers, beachfront lounge cabanas, heated oceanfront pools and much more. This area is perfect for all, including families with children, snowbirds and retirees. The Galt Ocean Mile is minutes from the Fort Lauderdale airport. Walking distance to shopping and close to dining, entertainment, Las Olas Boulevard and the Broward Center for the Performing Arts. The Galt Ocean Mile residents have plenty of options besides enjoying the beach and ocean. In the 50’s and 60’s the Galt Ocean Mile was also the home of many Hollywood stars like Johnny Carson, Susan Hayward, Bing Crosby, Jonathan Winters, Dean Martin, Liza Minnelli and many more. Today it is still the home of the rich and famous with the price ranging from $250.000.00 to $7,000,000.00, attracting people from all over the world.
Are you thinking about buying a condominium in Fort Lauderdale? Before you decide, it's important to work with an agent who specializes in condos with extensive knowledge so that you can avoid any surprises during the buying process and or after the closing.
WHAT IS IMPORTANT WHEN BUYING A CONDO?
The following are just a few of the questions that need to be addressed prior to the buying process:
If you are planning to buy a condo and would like to learn more about the “Galt Ocean Mile” feel free to call me at any time and I’ll be happy to answer any question you may have.
- When was the building built?
- Is the building an over 55 community.
- How many units does the building have?
- How does the monthly or quarterly condo maintenance fee compare to the other buildings?
- What does the maintenance fee include?
- If the building is over 40 years old, was the 40 years Re-certification done?
- If the 40 years certification was done, what did it include?
- Does the condo association allow pets? And how many lbs?
- Does the condo association require yearly reserves?
- Is the building self-managed or does it have an outside management company?
- If the building does not have reserves, are there any outstanding assessments? And when was the last assessment?
- Do the condo bylaws allow the new owner to rent the unit? And after what period of time from the purchase date?
- Does the building have good security in place?
- What percentage of the building is rented?
- Do the mortgage companies issue mortgages and at what Loan to Value?
- Have there been a lot of “Foreclosures” and or “Short Sales?” If so, what percentage?
CALL Victor 954.772.0108